Jimmy Byrd and students
This was not to be a fund raiserride, but two things changed that. First, due to drought, we must build a water tower for the school and second, the Richard Mascarello family has offered to match any donations up to the total number miles ridden. So keep the water flowing for the kids and hit the donate button.

Also, instructor Kevin Lee is a auctioning off a 2 week paragliding course in southern Oregon to support the school.

See it here.


TO READ THE FLORIDA TO CALIFORNIA LEG CLICK here or go to lostboater.blogspot.com

Friday, May 28, 2010

I stayed in bed, sleeping on and off, until about noon.  This was a strong indication that I was not in the best of shape as I never sleep past 6 AM.  The drugs and rest did well and about 1 PM I walked to the Plainsman Cafe in hopes of getting a good home cooked meal.  It was not to be.  Buffet time at lunch at the Plainsman Cafe.  $6.99, including drink, for all you could consume.The salad was ok, the vegetables marginal, the chicken dry, the ribs good, and my favorite of the day......fish sticks, were...well....fish sticks.  Interesting that on some of the long stretches fish sticks had actually floated by in my mind.  I had not had or seen them since my youth when my mother tried to feed 5 boys on my dads military salary, back when the military was not paid well at all. It was good that I was ill as I had very little and only finished the salad.

The rest of the day was spent recouping and planing the next few days. The hotel did all the laundry you could stick in a comercial washer for $5.  A heck of deal and I went for it.