Jimmy Byrd and students
This was not to be a fund raiserride, but two things changed that. First, due to drought, we must build a water tower for the school and second, the Richard Mascarello family has offered to match any donations up to the total number miles ridden. So keep the water flowing for the kids and hit the donate button.

Also, instructor Kevin Lee is a auctioning off a 2 week paragliding course in southern Oregon to support the school.

See it here.


TO READ THE FLORIDA TO CALIFORNIA LEG CLICK here or go to lostboater.blogspot.com

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

TAKING IT HOME


I knew today would be just a scooter ride as Scoot and I have ridden this road many times and after 5 weeks on the road we did not want to work to find something new.

US19 is pretty for the first 150 miles and then it turns into a 50 mile ugly strip mall. For some bizarre reason I decided I would ride it all the way home today. I do not even like riding it in my car. After about 20 minutes the strip mall part, I came to my senses and moved east a few miles to East Lake Blvd, a nice calm road. This took me almost al the way home.

The wife and neighbors had put up a welcome home sign. It was great to be back.